- The average courtship for married couples that meet online is approximately 18.5 months
- The average courtship for married couples that meet offline is approximately 42 months
- In 2010 the worldwide online dating industry is worth $4 billion
- In 2009 17 % of married couples met online
- 1 in 5 singles have dated online
- 1 in 5 singles in serious relationships met their partners online
- Most committed religions where both partners are of the same religion: Hindus (90%), Mormon (83%) and Catholics (78%).
- USA has approximately 40 million online dater. China has 140 million online daters largest in the world.
- In 1960 87% of women ages 35-44 years of age were married and 88% of men in the same age group were married.
- In 2007 72% of women ages 35-44 years of age were married and 69% of men in the same age group were married.
- Average age for marriage in USA (women 26 years old and men 28 years old)
- United States Census September 2010
- - 96.6 million unmarried American 18 years and older in 2009
- - 53% women 18 years and older
- - 61% unmarried Americans 18 year and older never been married, 24% divorced and 15% widowed.
- - Baby boomers in Canada 41% ages 46 to 64 have tried online dating and 28% seeking less serious relationships according to Canadian Liver Foundation
- - 16.2 million unmarried Americans 65 year and older. Comprising 17% of all unmarried people 18 years and older. Senior Online Dating Services
- 10 USA cities seniors retiring. According to Brooking Institute
- - 88 unmarried men compared to 100 unmarried women
- - 52.5 million households maintained by unmarried men or women. Comprising of 45% of households nationally.
- - 31.7 million living alone comprises 27% of all households nationally.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- In 1970 the percentage of women that made more money than their husbands was 4% and in 2010 percentage has increased to 22%.
- In North America the average marrying age for women is 26 years old and for men 28 years old.
- Interracial marriage in America 2005 approximately 7%
- Teenage dating statistics Arkansas Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- In 2008 New Jersey created the Internet Dating Safety Act and in 2010 New York State passed a similar act. New York requires online dating safety tips on their websites and addition if any criminal background checks are required on members.
- In 2009 12 million single parents living with children younger than 18 years old
- 92% of single parents prefer dating other single parents. Single Parent Online Dating Services
- In Australia it is predicted online dating may increase 10% in 2010.
- In 2009 there were approximately 1,400 online dating sites in North America
- "Age Wave Theory" as Boomer start to retire (2007-2009) economy will slowdown en.wikihttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boomer
- With the deepening recession in 2008 the divorce rate fall in 2009.
- Jobs created in 2011 statistics show women lagging behind men in job hiring.
- US unemployment rate (3/11/2011) 9.2% google/public data National and State
- Online dating increased in 2009 but there a percentage drop in marriages that same year.
- In 2009 approximate 10% that pay for online dating services stay for less than 3 months.
- Online U.S, online dating traffic between July 2009 to July 2010 rose 13%
- It is estimated the Australia will see a 10% increase in online dating in 2010 according to IBTSWorld online dating service in Australia
- 37% of single Russian women think a international marriage will improve their lives and their children lives.
- Most common dating lies (age, height and weight)
Dating Places in Miami, FL.
Dating Places in New York, NY
Dating Places in Los Angeles, CA
Hollywood Wax Museum, Getty Museum, Modern Art Museum, Disneyland, Shopping in Beverly Hills, Knott’s Berry Farm, Universal Studio, Chinatown, Disney Theatre, Farmer’s Market, The Grove, Performing Arts Center, Griffith Park, Queen Mary, Century City Shopping Center, Hollywood
4. Chicago, IL
Dating Places in Chicago, IL.
Dating Places in Washington D.C.
White House, The Capital Building, Georgetown, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Viet Nam Memorial, Smithsonian, Arlington National Cemetery, Library of Congress, Washington Monument, Constitution Gardens, U.S. Supreme Court, National Museum of African Art, National Gallery of Art, National Museum of the American Indian, Smithsonian Zoological Park.
6. Dallas, TX
Dating Places in Dallas, TX.
Dating Places in San Diego, CA.
Dating Places in Phoenix, AZ
Dating Places in Boston, MA.
Dating Places in Houston, TX.
- Online Dating Service the number of members?
- When was Online Dating Service established and what is its reputation?
- Ask for customer reviews and research reviews online.
- What typed of relationships is service gear for (speed dating, casual, serious)?
- What type of categories are available ( single dating, single parent dating, senior dating, local, national, international, languages and etc.)?
Check dating services member participants screening process and the type of reporting measures that the online service provides. The majority of online daters are honest and sincere but there are online scam artists. Inquire if the online service requires background checks on members? If not you may want to do your own background check with the other parties consent.
- Research What Each Online Service Offers
Professional Online Dating Services charge monthly fees. Research monthly fees and what services each online service offers its member and decide which online dating service is best beneficial for you. Examples: single emails, chat boards, videos, photos, who has access to members information, email and etc.
- Better Business Bureau
- Check if dating service is a member of the Better Business Bureau. Better Business will tell how many and what type of complaints has filed against a dating service.
- Customer can lodge a complaint against a dating service and BBB will encourage a response from service.
Private site with large data base for consumer complaints. Review the type and amount of filed complaints against a dating service. Look for a type of complaint patterns.
- E-Mail Account
For online dating create a separate email account. The separate e-mail account provides
anonymity and can be cancelled is necessary. Have a separate e-mail account only for online dating there are several free email accounts that can be established.
Online Dating Safety Tips
|Find Your Perfect Match.Com|
- - Designed for long-lasting relationships
- - 11,000,000 Singles
- - Niche- Category Online Dating: Single Dating - Single Parent Dating - Senior Dating - Executive Dating - Christian Dating - Catholic Dating - Jewish Dating - Dog Lover Dating - Pet Lover Dating - Green Dating - Military Dating - Black Dating - Cowboy Dating - More
- - Duet Profiling gives in-depth profiling of potential candidates
|Matchmaking.com Single Women and Men Online Dating|
Matchmaker founded in 1986 is one of oldest and most trusted online dating services. Subscriber tend to be in their early 30s, educated professionals and looking for serious long term relationships. One of the oldest online dating sites on the web offers safe way to meet new friends and broaden your social circles.
- - 2,500,000 Members
- - Members tend to be serious about finding a Meaningful Relationship - Marriage
- Niche-Category Dating: Single Dating Online - Single Parent Online Dating - Senior Online Dating - Latin Dating - Local Dating - National Dating - Global Dating - Australian Dating - UK Dating - Canadian Dating - Hispanic Dating Online - Christian Dating - Jewish Dating - Catholic Dating - Gay Dating and More.
|Gay Online Dating|
- - Languages: English, German, Spanish and Portuguese
|Sparks.com Single Online Dating|
- - 1,000,000 Single Members
- - Dating Online Service for Serious Dating
- - Single Parent Members Communicate in Real Time
- - Categories: Single dating, Senior Dating and Jewish dating
Christian Online Dating
|Christian Online Dating|
- Dedicated to Christian Online Dating
- Christians Meet Christians
- Over 1,000 New Member per day
- Division of Sparks.Network
- Serious Relationships
|Jewish Online Dating|
- Jewish Single Online Dating and Jewish Senior Online Dating
- Largest Jewish Online Dating Service
- Division of Sparkles.Network
|Lavalife Singles Online Dating|
- - Founded 1997
- - Based in Canada
- - Dating Service for Casual or Serious Relationships
- - 1,000,000 Single Members
- -Popular among American and Canadian singles
- - Languages English and French
- - Offers Online Speed Dating Service
Chemistry.com one of largest and most successful professional dating sites provides members with tools and insights that help dating members get to know each other before their first date. Diverse membership in mind and variety of creative options.
- - Single Adults seeking long-term Meaningful Relationshiprs
- - Members provided insights and tools to get to know matches before the first date.
- -Long term Relationships and or Marriage
- - Matchmaking based on science and compatibility.
- - 5,000,000 Members
- - Relations: Straight - Gay - Lesbian
- - Part of Match.Com Network
- - Match.com and Chemistry.com promoted thru-out Yahoo Networks.
- - In-sight personality matching science of brain chemistry part of member profile compatibility matching process.
- - 14,000,000 single members
- - Assisted communications for members.
- - Language: English
- - Available in USA and Canada
|Niche Online Date Service|
•Single 365.Com, WhiteLabelDating.Com, PlentyMoreFish.Com, Date.Co.UK, Canoodle.Com, TheDatingGroup.Co.UK, and FlirtFix.Com
•Categories: Single Dating, Single Parent Dating, Senior Dating and Christian Dating
•Single Dating Service
•Largest Dating Service in UK
•Categories: Single Dating, Single Parent Dating
|Dating Statistics - Languages of Love|
5 Languages of Love:
- Edith Piaf - "La Vie en Rose"
- Sara Tavares - "One Love"
- Paolo Conte - "Via Con Me"
- Maurice Chevalier - "Mimi"
- Gregory LeMarchal - " Mon Ange"
- Julio Iglesis
- Marc Anthony
- Andrea Bocelli
- Many More!
- The Very Thought of You - Billy Holiday
- Someone To Watch Over Me - Sarah Vaughan
- Come Rain Or Come Shine - Judy Garland
- At Last - Etta James
- Love Me Tender - Elvis Presley
- Breathe - Faith Hill
- Fever - Peggy Lee - 1956
- Witch Craft - Frank Sinatra - 1957
- Fly Me To The Moon - Frank Sinatra
- Oh My Man I Love Him So - Judy Garland
- The Best Is Yet To Come - Tony Bennett
- Chances Are _ Johnny Mathis
- Respect - Aretha Franklin
- Lady -Styx - 1972
- Al Green - Lets Stay Together - 1972
- My Everything - Barry White - 1974
- You Are So Beautiful - Joe Cocker - 1974
- People - Barbara Steisand
- Woman In Love - Barbara Streisand
- Addicted - Enrique Iglesias
- My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
- Many More!
- In Afghanistan the girl and boy schools are separate not integrated as in the USA. Marriages are arranged by parents. The opportunity for teenage boys and girls to date are rare.
- In Australia serious dating does not happen until the ages of 18 years old or 19 years old. Custom for girls to ask boys out to date and girls willing to pay for the date. Prior to that age range teens tends to go out in groups. It is estimated the in 2010 online dating will increase by 10%.
- Mexico serious dating not allowed until age 15. At 15 years dating is in large groups (dances, parties, eateries).
- Spain teens join a club called, Padilla. Groups tend to have same interest sports, literature and etc..
- Iran dating is against the law. When teen is of marriage age the parents introduce young adults to each other.
- Japan and Korea dating does not begin until college. High school years are spent studying and dating is rare.
- Finland teen age dating is a group event. Depending on the event up to 30 teens can attend one event.
- In Italy and Switzerland slumber parties for both sexes are common at a parent's home.
- In France most women are independent and feminine at the same time. It is not unusual for women to share the cost of a date fifty-fifty.
- German and American dating customs are similar but German couples are likely to group date. Common places are bars and clubs. Tardiness is considered rude in German dating culture. A date can be cancelled if man is late meeting, picking up a woman or bringing her home. Punctuality is a must in German dating.
Marriage Customs Around The World
- In Central Europe to keep away bad spirits the bridal bouquet is made with herbs. The veil symbolizes virginity and to kept out bad spirits.
- In Mexico the bride carries a fan and not a bouquets of flowers. The men wear Mexican "wedding shirt".
- In Belgium the bride's is stitched on family embroidered handkerchief on from generation to generation.
- In India the bride wear coloured sari and feet and hands are decorated with henna.
- In Croatia the bride wears small bouquet rosemary tied with ribbons.
- In China red is traditional color. Red symbolizes joy and luck.
- Norway groom wears hand made wool suit called, bunda.
- Some Eastern countries one veil is placed between the groom and bride throughout the ceremony. Ensuring that they cannot touch or see each other until after the ceremony.
- Jewish the couple and rabbi stand under a huppah during marriage ceremony. The huppah is a symbol of couple's new home.
Ancient Greeks: All marriages were arranged by the parents but has to be approved by the gods. Generally, women in their early teens were married to men in the mid thirties. Husbands purchased their wives from their fathers. The day before the wedding the woman's hair was cut off and she was bathed in sacred water. All toys were taken from the bride and offered to the gods. The bride's bouquet was trimmed in ivy. Ivy symbolized "everlasting love". Many couple first full view of each other after the ceremony when the bride's veil was removed. Brides were purchased and owned by their husbands. The husband could lend or sale their wives to others.
Ancient Romans: Grooms carrying new bride over the threshold of their new home. This was the grooms symbol of ownership. The bride wore a white tunic. The veil and slipper were orange. Bunches of herbs were worn under veil as a symbol of fidelity. The veil only removed by the husband after the ceremony. A loaf of bread was broken over the groom's and bride's heads. The crumbs were saved by the guests as a measure of good luck. Marriages in Roman were not based on physical attraction or love as we know it. Marriages were arranged to maintain wealth, power and status.
Medieval Christians: Medieval Christians believed that marriages were made in heaven. That the bond of marriage could never be broken. The father of the bride gave a dowry of land or money to the groom. Divorce was not allowed and neither partner was allowed to remarry.
Middle Ages: Flower girls appeared in the Middle Ages. Two young girls usually dressed alike carried wheat before the bride in the ceremony. Wheat is an ancient symbol of fertility. As time passed wheat was replaced with flowers.
|Men and Women Attractions|
- Western cultures women prefer men taller than themselves. In some cultures height is associated with status and wealth.
- Clear Complexion
- Symmetrical Face (strong masculine facial features)
- V- shaped torso
- Broad shoulders
- Erect Posture
- Body Movement influences attractiveness
- Men prefer women shorter than themselves.
- Clear Complexion
- Symmetrical Face (full lips, clear smooth skin and clear eyes)
- Body Symmetry
- Low Waist-Hip Ratio
- Erect Posture
- Body Movement influences attractiveness.
Matchmaking goes back to the Hindu astrologer, Ashkenazi Jewish Shadchan. Matchmaking is a profession. Matchmakers were call upon to find right marriage candidates claiming stars sanctified the marriage matches. Some matchmakers used Tarot cards. Good candidates were able to support their prospect in the same economic manner as the prospects parents. Any match had to be approved by both parents. Matchmaking goal was marriage. In rural areas, Matchmakers acted as formal chaperons for arranged dating mates. Matchmakers chaperoned at festivals, neighborhood dances and etc.. In Medieval Catholic society priests played a key role in matchmaking. Royal weddings were arranged to join two countries, increase lands, wealth and power. Royal weddings were not just arranged to increase wealth but it was imperative that the bride bared sons. Generally the first born male would be heir to the throne and or Title to the throne. Review Royal Wedding 1150 to 1900.
Rabbis were matchmakers in traditional Jewish communities. Matchmaking resulting in marriage has brought about the strongest bond and commitment between a man and women. Marriage bonds a man and women, families, tribes, villages, religions and history has shown countries. "Wed" derived from "Pledge" from the ancient Greeks.
Immigrants brought the first Matchmakers to America. Hasidic Jews wanted there children to marry within their culture and religion. Matchmakers ensured that the married couple had certain national, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
The Internet has changed the old method of dating and finding a mate. Specialized broad online dating services are now available. You can now find a mate anywhere in the world. Search for categories or niche dating: age, race, religion, region, professional, sport fans, sexual preference, rural and etc. The key to modern online matchmaking is to find mates that are compatible. Old Matchmaker was not personal whereas online dating you receive personal attention but are allowed anonymity. More importantly, Dating candidates are able to choice their own mate based on their own values and ideals. Online Dating Service Statistically - Online Matchmaking is the dating trend for the 21st Century with Proven Success. Find Your Dream Mate!
Statistically, in the past people met their mates through family members, family friends, social friends, social events, in high school, college, church or personal ads. Today mates are still found in the ways of the past. With the advent of the Internet online dating accounts for approximate 20% of successful matchmaking. Online dating has become a popular trend all over the world. China has the largest online dating market. Online dating is a reflection of the time. The Internet and dating have merged. The Internet allows search for partners locally or internationally. Dating services provide members profiles, images, videos, chat rooms and email communications. Additionally, some services provide compatibility matches. Some services provide background checks for members. Without leaving the comfort of your computer members are able to find out a great deal about a prospective date.
There is still a stigma with online dating. The stigma is that a person must be desperate if looking for a mate online. Because of online dating success stories that stigma is lessening every year.
Prodigy, America Online and other Internet service providers offered forums and chat rooms for singles. These single chat rooms and forums created a online dating culture. In 1994 and 1995 kiss.com and match.com registered dating sites. By 1996 there were 16 online dating sites. Today there are more than 1,400 online dating sites. Online dating got a cultural boost with the movie "You've Got Mail" starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. In 2002 Friendster, My Space,"social networking" was introduced. Social networking can be used for business advertising, business networking, social networking, finding friends and mates. Social networking has expanded with Facebook and Twitter. Social networking used to find a mate are free services.
In spite of free online dating services, USA in 2007 paid online services accounted for over $500,000,000.00 in revenues. Presently, the online dating market continues to grown and gaining in population.. As technology advances dating services are able to provide additional services. Dating services have branched out into niche dating or category dating. Niche dating provides dating concentration. The dating community is not one size fits all. Individuals have unique requirements for a mate. Niche dating combine one or more categories based on individual requirements. Niche dating a striving online dating business including: Single dating, Single Parent dating, Senior dating, Asian dating, Black dating, Interracial dating, Latin dating, Christian dating, Catholic dating, Jewish dating, Executive dating, Big and Beautiful Women, Green dating, Pet Lovers, Military dating, Local dating, National dating, International dating and More.
Online dating is not a fad but here is stay. Online dating is the combination of advanced technology and people meeting people. As technology progresses online services continues to broaden services. Currently, online dating is the second largest subscription based Internet service. Online dating is a growing trend in USA, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Australia, China, India and More. All online dating statistics indicate that online date is becoming a traditional way of Dating.
Review Dating Service for You!